The state of Florida has more than 1400 golf courses. Nowhere in the world is a place like this- when it comes to the game of golf. We could imagine the expanse of these valuable real estate that these Florida golf clubs courses occupy for the love of this sport. Definitely Florida is unsurpassed when it comes to golf courses. It has a golf course for everybody’s taste and eccentricities.
Maintaining these seemingly limitless extent of green boggles the mind. At an average area of 60 hectares (150 acres) per golf course, this is a whooping 84,000 hectares (210,000 acres) of green. One can imagine of water, fertilizers and pesticides needed to maintain these playgrounds for the rich.
Florida is known as the Sunshine State, because of its warm weather almost all-year round. It has subtropical climate in most parts of the state, and tropical climate in its southern portion, near Key West. These are due to the fact that most parts of the state are near a body of water. Most of these Florida golf club courses are located near coastal areas, because this state is a peninsula surrounded by water, with Gulf of Mexico on the west and Atlantic Ocean on the east.
Temperatures averages from 90°F (32+ °C) to 100 °F (38 °C), even during late autumn and winter months. During rare cold fronts, its temperature averages at 4 – 15 °C. This makes it ideal as site for golf courses, where anybody can play all-year round.
It has many small towns for you to enjoy their rustic sceneries; plus the fine hotels and resort complexes comparable with the best in the world.
Here are the 10 best Florida golf clubs courses:
1. World Woods, Brooksville- This is a golfer’s dream course with nature’s environment preserve. No nearby homes present.
2. Orange County National, Orlando- A 45-hole course that has hosted PGA Tour several times.
3. Polo Trace, Delray Beach- It has a link style layout that will challenge anybody.
4. Southern Dunes, Haines City- It features sand dunes and rolling fairways, which will test even the best players.
5. Southwood, Tallahasse- Its site is a former plantation, complete with old oaks trees and pasture lands.
6. Crandon Park, Key Biscayne- It has holes through tropical scenery of low laying mangroves and traps.
7. Kelly Plantation-The course run through wetlands, mangroves. You will commune with nature, while enjoying the game.
8. Watelefe, Bradenton-This did preserve some of Florida’s loveliest rivers.
9. Eastwood, Fort Myers-It did not disturb wildlife. The course is full of bunkers and water hazards.
10. PGA Golf Club, Port St. Lucie- 54 holes as one of the best training centers in USA.
Florida is the ultimate vacation spot for any golfer. The summer sun and mild winters leave golfers from all over the planet in envy of the Florida golfer.